News - Northeast

  • Empire State Inks 108 KSF Lease at 1400 Broadway

    The company secured international law firm Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy to lease floors eight through 10 at the iconic 37-story high-rise. Members of NKF represented both Fragomen and the landlord.

    22 September 2017 16:39
  • Madison International Buys NYC Retail Portfolio for $1B

    The company, which already owns a 49 percent stake in the properties, is acquiring the remaining 51 percent interest from Forest City Realty Trust.

    22 September 2017 10:17
  • Philly-Area Gateway at Greenway Park Tops Out

    The mixed-use project in Bethlehem, Pa., will include a 600-space parking, office and retail space. St. Luke’s University Health Network and Lehigh University are among the building's anchor tenants.

    22 September 2017 08:32
  • Metro Commercial Hires New EVP

    Jim Savard stepped up as the company’s newest executive vice president of leasing, after occupying various executive roles at Core Realty and JLL.

    21 September 2017 13:46
  • Monday Properties Hires New SVP

    Wes Machowsky is the firm’s newest senior vice president of acquisitions, bringing vast real estate capital markets and leasing experience to the position.

    20 September 2017 16:07
  • Faros Lands $128M for 2 Pittsburgh Office Assets

    HFF secured a five-year, floating-rate loan through Wells Fargo. The financing will be used for Nova Place, a 1.3 million-square-foot development, and 106 Isabella, a nearby vacant building.

    20 September 2017 13:18
  • CIM Group Snags Boston Office Property

    The company has partnered with longtime owner and manager Nordblom to acquire 1000 Washington St., a 242,000-square-foot building and adjacent parking garage in the city’s South End.

    20 September 2017 13:05
  • GTJ REIT Snags FedEx-Leased NY Facility

    The 43-acre, 248,370-square-foot property, located in a major logistics hub, is leased and occupied by FedEx Ground for a 10-year term.

    19 September 2017 16:41
  • Fitch: More U.S. Lodging Consolidation Is Expected

    The growing power of industry leaders will drive more lodging consolidation, with Hyatt and La Quinta as desirable targets, per the rating agency’s most recent report on hospitality. Such growth strategies are also a way to balance the competitive environment disrupted by alternative accommodation operators.

    19 September 2017 16:40
  • Baltimore-Area R&D Park Welcomes New Tenants

    St. John Properties inked two new leases totaling more than 30,000 square feet at its 44-acre Riverside Technology Park in Frederick, Md., bringing the campus to 90 percent occupancy. The campus is now 90 percent leased.

    19 September 2017 15:36
  • NJ Shopping Center Changes Hands

    The Hampshire Cos. sold Towne Shopping Center, a retail center anchored by ShopRite. The firm acquired the property in 2012, increasing its net operating income by creating a stabilized tenant roster.

    19 September 2017 13:47
  • McKnight Realty Lands $42M in Pittsburgh Office Refi

    HFF secured a first mortgage loan through Starwood Mortgage Capital and a mezzanine loan through Morrison Street Capital for a Class A office tower located in the city's central business district.

    18 September 2017 14:23
  • Perkins+Will Hires Director of Business Development

    Brigitte Beltran will be in charge of identifying and implementing workplace strategies for corporate clients. She will collaborate with the company’s director of interior design and the science and technology regional practice leader.

    18 September 2017 14:22
  • Colliers Appoints New Senior Managing Director

    With nearly three decades of real estate experience, Thomas Shirock will focus on strengthening the New York Tri-State Consulting Group's business lines.

    18 September 2017 14:00
  • Times Square Office Tower Gets 2 New Tenants

    Knotel and Poke Signature will occupy office and retail space, respectively, at the 20-story 9 Times Square, which was recently repositioned by owner American Realty Capital New York City REIT.

    18 September 2017 13:53