Carlson Rezidor Signs Seven New Hotels in India
- Dec 21, 2015
New Delhi, India–Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group has announced the signing of a portfolio agreement with Mushtaq Group of Hotels to open seven hotels comprising 817 guestrooms in the northern Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir.
The properties will operate under the Radisson Blu, Radisson and Country Inns & Suites By Carlson brands, and will position Carlson Rezidor as the largest international hotel operator in this part of the country.
The company currently has close to 120 hotels in operation and under development across India. The group’s footprint extends across 45 Indian cities, including 14 state capitals. By 2020, Carlson Rezidor expects to have more than 170 hotels in operation and pipeline in India. The company’s growing brand portfolio in the country covers the mid-scale and upper upscale segments. In 2015, the hotel group signed 15 new agreements in India, indicative of the strength of its brands and relationships.
Plans for the seven new hotels are as follows:
- Radisson Srinagar is an 89-key conversion located in the heart of Srinagar, within 1.2 miles (2 kilometers) of the main commercial and retail hubs of the city. The hotel is close to golf courses, Dal Lake, Sher-i-Kashmir International Conference Center and Asia’s largest tulip garden. Radisson Srinagar is scheduled to open in the fourth quarter of 2016.
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Jammu is a 55-key property located in Gandhi Nagar, an upscale commercial and residential area in the heart of Jammu city. The hotel, which is close to Jammu Airport and Jammu Railway Station, is scheduled to open in the third quarter of 2017.
- Radisson Pahalgam Golf View Resort is a 118-key conversion located in Pahalgam, approximately 7,200 feet above sea level, with direct access to the picturesque Pahalgam Golf Course. The hotel is scheduled to open in the third quarter of 2018.
- The newly built 100-key Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Sonamarg will be located close to the scenic Himalayan glaciers and trekking routes in Sonamarg. Accessible by the Srinagar-Ladakh highway, the new hotel is scheduled to open in the fourth quarter of 2018.
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Gulmarg is an 80-key conversion located in Gulmarg, which has been rated by CNN as one of the top five ski destinations in Asia. The hotel is scheduled to open in the first quarter of 2020.
- Located in the heart of Srinagar, Radisson Blu Srinagar will offer easy access to the city’s main attractions, as well as Dal Lake and Srinagar Airport. The newly built 225-key property is scheduled to open in the second quarter of 2020.
- The upcoming 150-key Radisson Blu Resort Tangmarg will cover a 25-acre site located in the Himalayan mountains region. The area is about 8 miles (13 kilometers) from Gulmarg, which is considered to be one of the world’s top winter sports destinations. The hotel is scheduled to open in the fourth quarter of 2021.
“We are excited to tie up with Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group. We are a leading hospitality group with ownership across all major locations in Jammu & Kashmir. We have grown rapidly during the last decade and aim to continue this momentum. Our vision is to promote Jammu & Kashmir and make it a preferred tourist destination not only for travelers within the country but globally. I am confident our partnership will accelerate realization of our vision,” said Mushtaq Chaya, chairman of Mushtaq Group of Hotels.
Formed by Carlson Hotels and The Rezidor Hotel Group almost four years ago, Carlson Rezidor currently has 102 hotels in operation across Asia Pacific, with another 92 properties in the pipeline.
Image courtesy of Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group