Extech Instruments Presents New Laser Distance Meters Series
- Apr 17, 2018
Extech Instruments, a division of FLIR Systems Inc., has launched the new DT-M series of pro-grade, laser distance meters. The new series includes three models capable of measuring different distances, DT40M—up to 131 feet—, DT60M—up to 196 feet—and DT100M—up to 330 feet. The Nashua, N.H.-based company manufactures test, inspection and measurement tools for construction workers, contractors, realtors, home appraisers, renovation professionals, electrical and HVAC estimators.
- min/max readings
- indirect height measurements using Pythagorean calculations (standard height, height in two segments and partial height) from two or three other measurements
- 20 successive reading memories
- easy addition and subtraction of multiple readings
- stake-out function which marks recurring distance intervals
- beeping cues and numerical readings which indicate if a distance is greater or less than the desired interval
The new models are easy-to-use, point-and-shoot devices utilized to measure distances, compute area and volume, measure angles and stake out distances between objects. Additionally, the devices also help to avoid job site hazards by reducing measurement errors. The DT-M meters’ large, bright-laser, backlit, four-line display allows users to deploy 0.08-inch accuracy measurements. The compact, rugged, double-molded, pocket-sized meters also include a wrist strap. A built-in bubble level allows horizontal measurements to be easily carried out.
Photo courtesy of Extech Instruments