First Miami International Tradeport Warehouse Completed
- Jan 20, 2014
Liberty Property Trust’s Miami International Tradeport initiative reached an important milestone as the commercial real estate leader started the New Year by celebrating the completion of the industrial park’s first warehouse. The grand opening ceremony was held January 9 in the presence of Vice Mayor of the Town of Medley, Griselia Digiacomo, and Council Member Susana Guasch. The event was hosted by Andy Petry, Jim Lutz, and the Liberty Property Trust South Florida team.
Liberty serves commercial real estate customers in the US and UK with a portfolio of 106 million square feet consisting of 843 office, distribution and light industry properties. The company is involved in the development, acquisition, ownership and management of superior office and industrial properties, serving more than 2,000 tenants.
Located at 11455 NW 122nd Street in western Miami-Dade County. Miami International Tradeport is convenient to Miami International Airport, Port Miami, Fort Lauderdale International Airport and Port Everglades. Completion of the 147,840 square foot warehouse facility marks the first phase of Liberty’s $135 million industrial park. The recently inaugurated facility is designed to meet LEED standards, featuring energy-efficient T5 fluorescent lighting throughout the facility and impact glass for natural lighting during daytime. It has a 30-foot minimum clear height; 1/1000 parking ratio; 130-foot to 200-foot truck court with trailer storage available; 2000 amps with upgraded power available and prominent signage that will be visible from the Turnpike.
RLC Architects has been entrusted with planning, the engineer for the facility is Ludovici and Orange, and the general contractor is Butters Construction & Development. Liberty’s senior project manager in charge is Jay Ohanesian.
The industrial park will include 9 class-A warehouse facilities upon completion, totaling around 1.5 million square feet.
Photo courtesy of Liberty Property Trust