Lincoln Lands $6B Transit Center Management Assignment in SF
- May 23, 2017
The Transbay Joint Powers Authority conducted a competitive RFP process and tapped Lincoln as the property manager. The managing company will lead a team with extensive experience in leasing, curating public spaces, marketing and branding:
- Executive Vice President Julie Taylor, Senior Vice President Erika Elliott and Vice President Ann Natunewicz of Colliers International will be in charge of the retail leasing;
- Biederman Redevelopment Venture will manage and curate programming for the rooftop park;
- Pearl Media will be responsible for the media and promotional efforts for the property, as well as sales and management for the 274 digital displays. The company will also organize custom events, experiential activation and sponsorship.
Transbay Transit Center Development Status
Transbay Transit Center will be a state-of-the-art, multi-modal transit station, linking 11 systems. The project designed by Pelli Clarke Pelli Architects will be developed in two phases:
- The first phase of the project will create more than 100,000 square feet of retail space, in addition to a 5.4-acre rooftop park and a new bus ramp that, upon completion, will link Transbay Transit Center to an off-site bus storage facility;
- The second phase will replace the former Transbay Terminal at First and Mission streets with an extended Caltrain and California High Speed Rail underground.
The project will stretch for five blocks along Mission Street, one block south of San Francisco’s Financial District. Transbay Transit Center is expected to be completed this December, with bus operations scheduled to commence in early 2018.
Video courtesy of Pelli Clarke Pelli Architects