Mortenson Delivers State-of-the-Art Athletics Facility at CU-Boulder
- Apr 15, 2016
The $177 million project is the result of a collaboration between Mortenson, Populous, Martin/Martin, ME Engineers and J3 Engineering, and includes a plethora of state-of-the-art features and amenities for CU students:
- A 212,000-square-foot expansion of Folsom Field;
- Champions Center—the new home of CU Football, the Athletic Administration and many Olympic sport coaches;
- A new Sports Medicine and Performance Center;
- A 108,000-square-foot, net zero energy indoor practice facility for all sports programs, featuring a six-lane, 300-meter competition-venue track;
- 534 parking spaces below the new indoor practice facility;
- The 106,000-square-foot Franklin Field outdoor grass practice field;
- The 37,000-square-foot renovation of the Dal Ward Athletic Center, which included the addition of an Olympic sport locker room, the expansion of the Academic Center, and a new, 11,285-square-foot weight room.
“Our vision of sustainable excellence is about transforming opportunity,” Rick George, University of Colorado athletics director, said in a prepared statement. “In achieving this vision, each student-athlete that takes the field in black and gold will do so bolstered with the knowledge that we’ve provided them with every resource necessary to be successful – both in competition and in life beyond graduation.”
The new facility also incorporates additional premium seating, a new rooftop terrace with views of Boulder’s Flatirons mountain range, new dining and beverage options, and five hydrotherapy pools.
Image courtesy of Mortenson Construction