Redyns Development Buys Northwest Tucson Medical Building; St. Rudasill Road Clinic Receives QOPI Certification
- Dec 17, 2014
By Balazs Szekely, Associate Editor
An 11,036-square-foot medical building located at 1620 W St. Mary’s Road in Tucson changed hands recently. St. Mary’s Silverbell Building, LLC sold the building to Redyns Development with a leased fee interest in the land owned by Carondelet for $2.9 million, according to Real Estate Daily News.
The building is currently leased to an affiliate of The US Oncology Network, Arizona Oncology, which is one of the largest medical groups with the most extensive cancer practice in Arizona.
The group recently announced in a news release that its St. Rudasill Road clinic location has received a prestigious professional recognition from the Quality Oncology Practice Initiative Certification Program. The American Society of Clinical Oncology launched the program in January 2010. It provides a three-year certification for outpatient hematology-oncology practices that meet the highest standards for quality cancer care.
Oncologists can achieve certification by demonstrating a practice consistent with the highest standards of care. To become certified, practices have to submit to an evaluation of their entire practice and documentation standards. The QOPI Certification Program staff and steering group members then verify that the evaluation and documents are correct and that the practices met core standards in all areas of treatment, including treatment planning, staff training and education, chemotherapy orders and drug preparation, patient consent and education, safe chemotherapy administration as well as monitoring and assessment of patient well-being.
In addition to the Tucson clinic at Rudasill Road, other Arizona Oncology clinics are currently simultaneously pursuing QOPI certification, including the Biltmore Cancer Center in Phoenix and the Saguaro Cancer Center in Glendale.
Photo credits: Arizona Oncology