Two New Self-Storage Facilities Open in Austin
- Mar 29, 2018
Houston-headquartered The Jenkins Organization Inc. opened two new self-storage properties in Austin, Texas. The company’s portfolio now counts 45 self-storage assets throughout Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Minnesota and Louisiana.
The Austin facilities are the 150,493-square-foot ATX Self Storage—located at 6901 North Interstate 35—and the 117,000-square-foot Lakeline Storage—located at 11000 Lakeline Blvd. Both feature drive-up access, security cameras, climate control and elevator access.
“While there is a tremendous amount of self-storage development throughout Texas, we have worked hard to locate sites with high barriers to entry and excellent demographics,” Ricky Jenkins, president of The Jenkins Organization, said in prepared remarks. The firm has eight more developments currently underway in Texas, all slated for completion in 2019.
- Bee Cave Storage, 15106 W. State 71, Bee Cave
- Manchaca Storage, 9507 Manchaca Road, Austin
- Oak Hill Storage, 7919 W. Highway 71, Austin
- Bergstrom Storage, 600 S. Highway 183, Austin,
- Northgate Storage, 8875 Research Blvd., Austin
- Darden Hill Storage, FM 1826, Driftwood
- West Highway 29 Storage, 7560 W. Highway 29, Georgetown (expansion)
- Leander Storage, 11520 Hero Way West, Leander (expansion)
Combined, the Austin properties total more than 1.2 million square feet and represent a $125 million investment.
Images courtesy of The Jenkins Organization