World’s Tallest Twisted Tower Unveiled in Dubai
- Jun 13, 2013
Dubai—Cayan Investment and Development has recently inaugurated the world’s tallest twisted building: Cayan Tower. Previously called the Infinity Tower, the 310-meter (1,017-foot) tall residential tower joins the other record-breaking structures in Dubai Marina, such as the world’s tallest hotel—JW Marriott Marquis—and the world’s tallest residential tower—Princess Tower—to make the Dubai skyline a truly unique one.
President and Chairman of the Board of Cayan Group Ahmed M. Al Hatti said the Dh1 billion ($272 million) tower “has been built according to the highest international standards for towers and that won it several international awards. The Tower has received ‘Best Architecture’ award in London’s International Property Awards as well as four Arab Real Estate Awards in Dubai.”
The 75-story residential tower was designed by Skidmore Owings and Merrill, otherwise known for projects such as Burj Khalifa in Dubai, Trump Tower in Chicago and Jin Mao in Shanghai. Located at the mouth of Dubai Marina, a city within a city and one of the most exclusive waterfront developments in the world, Cayan Tower spirals in a curve by 90 degrees from the ground and this way offers each apartment a unique view of the sea or marina.
The tower offers studio, one-, two-, three- and four-bedroom apartments, duplexes and penthouses. According to The National 80 percent of the properties have already been sold and the remaining 20 percent of unsold properties could be up for sale after the summer although that would depend on market conditions. The prices for apartments range from Dh2 million ($545,000) for a one-bedroom to Dh3.5 million ($953,000) for a two-bedroom apartment. Cayan Tower features numerous amenities including a state-of-the-art gym, outdoor swimming pool and whirlpool, spa, conference room and kids play area.